Saturday, September 11, 2010

Be ware...this is a long post!

I keep trying to upload the very last ever video of our kids for you to see, but it isn't working!! Here's a little (I mean VERY VERY VERY looooooong) update anyway...

MiriLou is growing by leaps and "rolls". She can roll from her tummy to her back. Although the more we put her on her tummy the less she rolls. I think she likes tummy time now. She is down to 2 naps a day when we stay at home. 3, if it is a busy day of errands. She will be 5 months this weekend.

Hannah has now completed 11 days of First Grade. She loves it, and claims it is easier than K. But what she doesn't realize is that they are doing some serious review before we move on to the new stuff. Plus, I bought more creative materials this year, so there is a lot of coloring pages for her. She starts soccer tonight!!!! Yeah :) 2 of her friends are on her team this year. We are excited. They practice on Mondays and play on Saturdays. Anyone interested in coming to watch, just ask for details. It is pretty humorous watching them play. Its like a herd of little kids all running towards the ball blindly kicking together in mass mass chaos!!! Great times.

Calvin is enjoying pre-pre-school. He is continuing on his sight reading flash cards (HOP 1st grade), ABC flash cards, catechisms, coloring word searches, and doing stickers!! He also plays and watched PBS Kids a lot too. He now takes baths again!!! PTL!!! Actually he has done a 180, we can't get him out of the water now!!!! PTL. This is actually a good problem. He calls it swimming in the ocean. He pretends to be a whale, and let me tell you...when he is done, you'd probably think a whale had been in there!! He is SO VERY excited that it is football season now. He usually falls asleep on the way home from church on Sunday mornings, but this week Dan told him we were going to watch the Colts play, and he stayed awake all the way home, but passed out after about 3 minutes. The boy loves himself some football!!

We have been going to the play ground a lot more now that the weather is cooling off. It is fun watching my kids interact with new "friends". I'd say every other time we go Hannah meets someone I'd really like for her to continue a relationship with...but it is hard when the kids come with their nanny, or Dad or by themselves! O well.

I have their Halloween costumes almost done!! Yeah. We are attending a costume party at the end of the month, so I had to make them early this year. Hannah is going as a soccer ball, Calvin is going as a basket ball and ML is going as a tennis ball.

I will try again tomorrow with the video. Have a great evening.

No comments: