Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Monday Madness

I must tell you guys about this past Monday!! It was so crazy that all we could do was laugh...to keep from crying!

About 4 weeks ago the maintenance crew here at our apt complex changed the flood light outside our bedroom window. We noticed a huge difference right away. It was VERY bright in our room. Then about 5 days later Dan started sleeping on the couch. I didn't think anything of it the first few nights, as it is very common for him to fall asleep there while reading...About 3 days later from that he came into the bedroom at made a huge "AGGGGG!!!!" sound and then stormed out! I went out to see what was the matter, well apparently the new light had started to make this VERY LOUD noise. I had heard it, but it didn't really bother me. It sounds like "RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR". Dan said it sounded like a jet was taking off in our room. I think it is pretty funny that this noise bothered him so much (they fixed it today). Actually it amazes me b/c he sleeps right through Calvin waking up in the night!! He claims that men and women hear on different frequency's.

Anyway-back to Mondays story-
Dan was asleep on the couch and I woke him up to go into the bedroom so Calvin and I could wake up(it was about 630am). Usually he will go into the room and fall back to sleep right away and not wake up until 10-ish. Anyway, he couldn't and got very angry. So he came back out and stayed up with us. Not the kind of start he wanted on his day off. (crazy event #1)

Calvin had developed this horrible rash on his neck. We discovered it Thursday, but the Orthostist was closed until Monday morning. I took him in around 930am and they fixed his helmet. He took out some of the foam and cut it a little higher in the back. He guesses that Calvin had turned his neck and the bottom in the back had scratched him and then it got infected a little. BONUS: Calvin got to go Helmet free all day!! (crazy event #2)

We also found out that the insurance ended up paying for the entire bill on the helmet!!! They had originally told us we were going to owe $500 on it. (crazy event/blessing #3)

As you may know we eat at Chili's a lot....So once again we headed there for the Monday Fajita Special. We were on our 2nd basket of chips and salsa when we decided we should feed Calvin before the food came. I picked up the bottle and walked all the way to the bathroom and proceeded to warm the water. Then I looked at the bottle and realized there was NO liner in the bottle!!!!!!!! BAD news. Lucky for me there was a Wal-Mart Market in the parking lot of the Chili's we were at. So Dan told me to walk over there and buy more liners. So I walked over there, and thought to myself "I am not spending $10 on liners when we have enough at home." So I bought a 94-cent bottle. Feeling pretty good about my bargain, I walked back to find our food hadn't come yet!! Yeah. So, I again went to the bathroom and fixed the bottle. I had given it to Calvin and you know how you watch them while they eat? Well, I noticed that he was doing a lot of sucking and the amt. of milk in the bottle wasn't changing. We figured it out that the hole in the nipple was to small. So, Dan started stabbing a fork through it to make it bigger. But it didn't work. So he did it again, but it still didn't work. Poor Calvin ended up waiting an hour and 1/2 for his bottle. He did great through it all, and was fine until we got out to the van. He cried the last 1/2 mile home, and when we got inside I made him a bottle and he ate 1 ounce then fell asleep!! (crazy event #4)

It was very nice out, so I took Hannah out to ride her bike while Calvin was "sleeping"...or so I thought. We were outside for about 35min, and when we got back in Calvin was crying and Dan was not happy. Apparently he had woken up about 10 min after we left and screamed the rest of the time. Nothing Dan did made him happy. And while Dan was holding him, he knocked over a couple books and broke the binding on one of them, wouldn't eat, and pooped! (crazy event #5)

Note that a couple other things(good and bad) happened as well, but because I can't remember them/am a good loving and respectful wife/I don't want you to think we are horrible parents/ect... I wont write them down. Plus, I would hate for you to think less of each of us! All in all, it was a crazy day!! It is amazing what all can happen in less than 11 hours!

And to top it off, Friday Dan had promised me I could see a movie Monday...Boy did he regret it. He was so tired and stressed out when I left. I think he thought I would just stay home after the day we had:)

No comments: