Friday, January 28, 2011

Hannah's wild ride

To say the least. Just when we have her figured out, she changes. I'll contribute this to her age.
Hannah never ceases to amaze me, good or bad. One day she loves something and then the next she hates it with a passion so fierce you want to remove your self from her presence.

Monday Hannah loved school. Tuesday morning she hated it and didn't want to go(hence the previous post) Tuesday some things happened and she swore she'd never go back...Wednesday they had a snow day and it was all tears! I kid you not. She was up at 730 crying over the fact that she had to stay home. Life was SO unfair. It was as if (in her little mind) that the supper-intendent had woke up that morning and said "I don't think Hannah should attend school today, I am going to cancel today". Never mind the snow on the ground or the fact that safety was an issue busing kids to school. She was very upset. Then by Thursday she was ready to go back. Today she happily bounced out of the van.

I went in yesterday and spoke with her teacher. I wanted to make sure Hannah was adjusting well and see if there was anything I should know about. The teacher said Hannah is an excellent reader and has made quit a few friends.

So to end, I guess we will just have to stay tuned to see if she had a great day or not. She has a fun-filled weekend ahead, so maybe that will help her to be in a positive mindset for Monday. Pray for her as we attempt to rear her in a Godly manner during this time. I feel like I am drowning some days with her. But just when I want to give up she somehow lets me see a glimpse of something to let me know a great person is hidden down inside...

No comments: