Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The honeymoon is SO over!

Hannah doesn't like school anymore....I am trying not to laugh as I type this. This is so typical of her personality (Dan might add here "I wonder where she gets it") I guess I am partly to blame on this one. I tried my hardest last week to not say a word about what Calvin and I did while she was at school. I didn't mention anywhere we went, games we played, who we saw, what we ate ect.

Yesterday, after a 3 1/2 day weekend, I let my guard down (or in all reality simply forgot). I let Calvin hang up his pictures on the fridge and later in the evening when he asked if he could play wii "again" Hannah heard him. I think it clicked in her little head that life continues when she is gone. Something she had never thought of before. I really think she thought we didn't do anything while she was there...And then she got jealous again (one of the reasons she is in school in the first place) It doesn't help that when I dropped her off for school yesterday morning the little girl behind us was crying and didn't want to go to school.

This morning she woke up saying that her tummy hurt and that she had got MiriLou's cold. My guess is that she didn't want to miss anything at home and she has been seeing kids at school getting to stay at home when they were sick and thought she would give it a try!! You should have seen the look on her face when I told her she was fine and that she needed to get out of bed. Better luck next time girlfriend!!

On the brighter side of life...she scored a 100% on her spelling test yesterday(b/c of the snow day Friday). The word are VERY easy. The class work she is doing is stuff she did at the end of K.

No comments: