Sunday, February 3, 2008

John 10:1


Last night as I was reading to Hannah her Bible story we encountered a humorous parental moment. I was reading from John 10:1 in her little kid Bible book. To summarize the chapter, it is about Jesus being our Shepherd and us being the Sheep. The book goes on to say that anyone who believes in Jesus will be saved. He is our protector, like a shepherd protects his sheep.

Well...Hannah could quite grasp the fact that it was a story to represent our relationship with Christ. When I was done reading it, she puckered up and said
"Momma, I am not a sheep!" It was kinda cute, but a reality check to the fact that she really just doesn't quite grasp the fullness of God's love for us just yet. As parents we need to constantly be pointing our children to Christ! What better way than when God provides us these little teachable moments. Stay alert to what your child says, you don't want to miss any opportunity to share with them!! It is your most important job as a parent!


No comments: