Friday, August 22, 2008
Bigger Bottle Trauma
Calvin graduated to his "BIG Boy" bottles yesterday afternoon. He had been really fussy after his feedings all week. It is really sad on my part, but it took me a few days to figure it out. He was still hungry. So, we moved him up to 5 ounces Wednesday evening. And than got out the bigger bottles yesterday. Well, we use the Playtex Drop-Ins, and on the side of the Bigger Bottles there are measurements for if you use the 10oz drop-in or a 8oz drop in!! Well...I didn't know this until late late last night when I happened to be looking at the bottle as Calvin was eating. I had been measuring his 5oz with the wrong measurements all afternoon. Which only was 3 feedings. But anyway I had been forcing 7 oz down him!!!!!!!! Poor guy. He did eat it all though, but it was taking him about 30 min each time and once he didn't even come close to finishing the bottle. I was concerned too. B/c is is VERY RARE for the kid to not eat a whole bottle. Poor thing. I kinda felt bad. But I have measured the bottles correctly since and we haven't had any issues since. He is going 2 1/2 to 3 hours between feedings now!!!! And last night he slept from 1030pm until 530am!! And I fed him again around 8am, and he stayed awake for about 35 min and has been sleeping since. (it is 1030am now).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah for some sleep!
Post a Comment