Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Day 2

Calvin is doing much better today!!! I went up there this morning and ended up staying there for about an hour and 1/2. He was so awake and alert I just couldn't leave!!

They are taking out his iv line today, and his cultures have come back neg for infection, so he stopped the antibiotics this morning. His breathing is way down now into the normal range, and he is much more alert now. I get to go back up there around 130pm to help give him a bath. And possibly hold him. That is the hardest part, not getting to hold him. But soon enough though.

They say he is making great recovery progress and he even took a bottle for them earlier. He drank 15cc's out of the 33, than they put the rest into his feeding line. I should be able to feed him myself by tonight(or at least try...) My milk supply is starting to come in, so I am not as stressed out anymore. I was so afraid that we would have bottle feed him right from the get go. I will still have to supplement for a while to make sure of the exact measurement of milk, but at least he will be able to nurse a little too! But either way, we are so excited for his progress and are very willing to do whatever he need us to to make life go well for him.

Dan and I get to go home tonight, and Calvin should be able to come home either Thursday or Friday! It will be hard to leave him, but he is doing so well, and it is only for a couple of days. Plus, we live less than 5 min from the hospital, so it isn't bad either. I think it will be hard explaining to Hannah, but she will survive. Rumor has it she is getting kinda anxious to see him.

I will post pictures and the best video ever(!!) tonight when we get home.

Thanks again for all your prayers. We love you all.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

HI!!

Congratulations on your little one! We are so excited to meet him. You sound so relaxed. I couldn't hold Isaiah for the first five hours of his life and I was so depressed so I know how hard that can be. Keep up the good work! Let me know if there is anything you need.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We can't wait to meet Calvin (even if it is just through a picture for now). Erika has joined us in praying for his recovery. She loves babies! So we are praying as a family for each one of you. Blessings in Christ,
The Petits

Vincent said...

WE are so happy that Calvin is doing better! Wish we could stop by and bring you a meal!!

We love you little Camo! Love, The Vincents.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Can't wait to see the video/pics (to hold me over 'till I get to meet him)

I'm so glad he's doing well, we'll keep praying for your fam.

Oh and kudos on the patience, I'd be crazy-go-nuts if if had to look and not hold!

:o)

See you soon!

Alicia